Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data functions in Transformer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anibalgris

Programmer
Aug 31, 2005
ES
Hi,

I´m trying to improve the iqd query performance. I have displayed the "Data Source viewer" (Transformer) over the iqd data Source and are present different functions, like XMOVINGSUM, OD_MONTH and CASH_FLOAT. I don´t know the meaning of these functions and (this is harder) I am not able to find any help about them in the documentation or google. I´m a little bit lost.

Any help to find information about these functions?

Regards

Yes, but where could I find some documentacion about that?

Thanks

Please, I don´t find any documentation and really need one.

Any hint?

Regards

I can't point to any source documentation here, but one way to decode the ersatz SQL is to look at the source document (.imr if impromptu) that gave rise to the .iqd

You could always create a dummy report using all of the functions to see what SQL is created. Remember to view the 'Magic' SQL (many threads on this topic in the forum)

Excuse any patronisation if I offer from my experience:
XMOVINGSUM = Moving Total
OD_MONTH = Month (numerical 1-12) from DateTime expression

Never seen
CASH_FLOAT, but perhaps a version of rounding a numerical field to 2 d.p?

I can't think that the OD_MONTH function would slow data access, but the XMOVINGSUM might well. If you have a lot of reliance on such, it would probably be faster as a database view.

soi la, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back