Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data from range to rows

Status
Not open for further replies.

radarini

Technical User
Jun 8, 2006
US
I need to create a single row of data from a range (5 cols, 20-30 rows). Also, once the values in the range = 0, I need to move to the next column. thnx

Hi radarini,

Go ahead! You don't need my permission.

What is it that you are having a problem with?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] The only distinction between a bird with one wing and a bird with two, is merely...
a difference of A Pinion! [tongue][/sub]

Also, if you need help, can you post a sample of your data and what you would have to do for it?

-----------
Regards,
Zack Barresse

OK, here is a simple sample of what I have-

Project:......Alpha...................Beta
Phase:.....Ph 1...Ph2...Ph3.....Ph1...Ph2...Ph3
Month

I have a series of tables sim to above and I need to be able to extract the values from each PROJECT and place it into a "row" formatted table like this:

...................Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep
Project Alpha 20 20 25 25 25 10 10 10 10
Project Beta 15 15 15 5 5 30 30 30 30..

Once the Project phase is complete, the value is zero and the next phase needs to begin. If this is not sufficiently illustrative, I could email a spreadsheet. Thanks for your response.

Do you have any merged cells? Are you looking for a formula solution or a VBA solution? Will this be ongoing or are you looking to run this one time upon user command? It would help if you explained what cells had exactly what data/labels.

-----------
Regards,
Zack Barresse

No merged cells.
I'm looking for a formula solution.
I would like for this formula to be ongoing.

The range(s) represent monthly values generated basically by projects as I tried to indicate in my example above - Project Alpha has three distinct phases. The entire project duration is nine months (Ph1=2 mos, Ph2=3 mos, Ph3=4 mos). The value generated by the first month is 20, second is 20, third is 25 and so forth.

Project Beta lasts for 10 months. The value generated by the first month is 15, second is 15, third is 15 and so forth.

I need to extract those monthly values and place them in a row format as shown in my second example above so that I can forcast optimum stating dates and monthly total values.

If there is a way to post an example, I'd give it a try. Thanks for your interest.

You stated, "Once the Project phase is complete, the value is zero and the next phase needs to begin."

Doesn't that mean...
[tt]
Project: Alpha Beta
Phase: Ph1 Ph2 Ph3 Ph1 Ph2 Ph3
Month
1 20 15
2 20 15
3 0 25 15
4 25 0 5
5 25 5
6 0 10 0 30
7 10 30
8 10 30
9 10 30
10 0 30
[/tt]
Your example has phases 1 2 & 3 of both alpha and beta running concurrently in month 1.

Could you clarify?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] The only distinction between a bird with one wing and a bird with two, is merely...
a difference of A Pinion! [tongue][/sub]

Correct - Once the phase value is zero, the next phase begins (btw, nicely illustrated!) and yes, I have them running concurrently, basically to simplify the example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back