Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data from Oracle to Microsoft Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NITIN27

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
IN
Hi

How can i import the data from oracle tables to microsoft access tables Both have them same table structures

Which utility can be used to sort out my problem and pls. also give a example of doing that

thanks in advance

Wish u a Merry Christmas
"Have a nice time"

NITIN27:

I've got two suggestions for you. The latter is just a theory!

First:
You could export the table(s) from Oracle to a text file, CSV, or excel spreadsheet, and then import them into your access database.

Second:
You can open up your database and in the file menu, goto "Get external data" | "Import". Once the import dialog box appears, you have to select "ODBC Database ()" in the "Files of type" drop down list. Then from there, if the Oracle ODBC driver is installed, you should be able to import you tables. Again, this suggestion is all THEORY.

Hopefully this helps!

Say 'ello..... to my little friend!

thanks Kocheace
it works
I Will vote for u

NITIN27:

Which one worked?

Say 'ello..... to my little friend!

i guess the second option works better..

but can anyone come up with a script that will automate this..say...every day at midnite?
the option stated requires user intervention..

Why not just use linked tables instead of imported ?

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Also consider using Access pass-through queries, via ODBC ...

Usually i have the necessary data refreshed when the user opens the database, an AUTOEXEC macro that creates append queries to create the user data from the Oracle database through linked tables.

For example when the accounting department opens the accounting database, it only refreshes current invoice data etc...

Rusty

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back