Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data flow design (Sqlserver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrprogr

Programmer
Jul 20, 2006
US
I am designing a data flow archieture.I need the suggestions.

What are the advantages of storing data of the flat files to sqlserver.

The only good thing about flat files is with the release of SQL Server 2005 it has been made even easier to store them in our databases

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
The worst mistake you'll ever make is to do something simply the way you know how while ignoring the way it should be done[/sub]

Is this for a school report?
I can't believe that anyone working for a company would even consider creating a system that uses flat files instead of RBDMS.

- Paul [batman]
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Thanks for the response.
I was told to design the data flow for the below sceniario..
We have Branch offices in different locations which will uses an application to create the raw data to flat file.Which BO(Branch office) in turn send the flat files (.csv) to our head office.

What is the best way to provide the data access to branches after cleansing the raw data from the flat files, and also BO will run the reports and also they have to send the flat files to the head office..

Could you please help me in the best possible ways to resolve it.

I have a solution creating the dts package at BO which will cleanse the data and dump into sqlserver..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back