Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data files

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderFlight

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hi Cognos gurus,
I have, what I think is a simple question. Once I have created my cube is there a need to keep the source data? I think I should be able to backup the file and then delete it from my PC.

Please advise,
Thanks

You are right you no longer need the source data, until you next need to rebild the cube

hello,

i am not very familiar with this Cognos series 7 stuff... used reportnet.. someone else in our organization is responsible for powerplay and all that jazz..

can anyone tell me what the point of putting all the data into one "cube" is? how is this better than connecting to a data source as reportnet does?

thanks.

I need to create a crosstab report showing the sales for this year and last year periodwise.so my columns r years, rows are periods and sales is my measure. I want to add a calculated column that performs the math on last year sales value and give it as a separate column in crosstab report.

eg:

2005 2006 %goal

Period1 x y (calc with x)
Period2
Period3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back