Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Field Association Without Table Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktwhite

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
US
I need to associate two fields in a report which cannot be accomplished through links for a particular report within Crystal 8.5. Since the "Where" clause is not allowed, is there a way to duplicate the following select statement via formulas?

Thanks.

SELECT
SL_RECORD.SL_FUND
FROM
kdd.SL_RECORD SL_RECORD
WHERE
SL_RECORD.SL_SUB_OBJ_CLS = SI_ACCT_RECORD.SI_ACCT_ACCT

Ken

The above SQL isn't valid.

Presumably you meant:

SELECT
SL_RECORD.SL_FUND
FROM
kdd.SL_RECORD SL_RECORD, SI_ACCT_RECORD
WHERE
SL_RECORD.SL_SUB_OBJ_CLS = SI_ACCT_RECORD.SI_ACCT_ACCT

And this Where clause is the same thing as a link (join).

Perhaps if you provide the database type, version, example data and expected output someone can help you resolve this.

-k

Thank you for the response. The database type I am using is USQL version 3.10. My report consist of a total of 6 tables, which attempts to list pets and their owners with name and address information, and the pet license number. Within the database there is a file called CENA (Central Name and Address) which stores name address etc...for all files within the system. So...within CENA there is a table called CNMRELN_RECORD which we call the "Relationship Record" which establishes the connection for all tables included in a report. The link path for each table is as follows:

CNPET_RECORD to CNMRELN_RECORD "pet name"

CNMRELN_RECORD to CNMNAME_RECORD "name"
CNMRELN_RECORD to CNMADDR_RECORD "address no"

CNMADDR_RECORD to CNMSTRH_RECORD "street"

CNMSTRH_RECORD to Z15_RECORD "zip"

What Cyystal is doing is following the link path thru the CNMRELN_RECORD to pick up and pick up the name, or it will follow thru the CNMRELN_RECORD to pull all address info, but it will not grab both name and address. The truth is, I don't know how to approach this. I am currently trying a subreport, but still cannot establish the links. Thanks.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back