Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Environment with Data grid and using query

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxerBrats

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
US
Ok, very new at this, and only education I have is with Microsoft books I have read.

So here is what I am trying to do.. I am using Data Environment to connect to my database in ACCESS. I am also using a datagid to view the table. What I wan to do is be able to run a query on the database table and show the results in the datagrid.

I am not sure if I am even making any sense here, but hoping someone will have a answer for me

Thanks

why don't you retrieve the records using data control or just recordsets instead of going for dataenvironment.

to the project add components Microsoft ado data control 6. add the data grid and the adodc to your form. connect the adodc to your database by setting the connectionstring, username(if any), password(if any) and recordsource properties properly. now, set the datasource of your datagrid to adodc. this will be enough to fill the datagrid.

if you know how to retrieve with adodb recordsets, that would be the best option, i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back