Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DATA ENTRY SUBFILE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstitzel

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
I have a data entry screen with two input fields

SLS PROD

There are six columns on the page

SLS PROD SLS PROD SLS PROD SLS PROD SLS PROD SLS PROD

When the subfile loads it load vertically. Subfile records 1 - 12 in the first column, 13 - 26 in the second and so on.

But when the user leaves the PROD field in the first column it moves to the SLS field in the NEXT COLUMN rather than progressing down the first column. That places it on record 13 rather than 2.

I tried using SFLCSRPRG but since it multiple columns it doesn't work. SFLCSRPRF can not be used with SFFLIN.

Is there a way to get the subfile to load records horizontally rather than vertically?

Or is there another solution.

Thanks in advance for any and all help :)

rstitzel,

Check this out:

SFLCSRPRG (Subfile Cursor Progression) keyword for display files
Use this field-level keyword to define when the cursor leaves the field, it goes to the same field in the next subfile record instead of the next field in the same record. The SFLCSRPRG keyword is ignored when the work station is not attached to a controller that supports an enhanced data stream.

This keyword has no parameters.

Option indicators are not valid for this keyword.

The SFLLIN keyword is not allowed in a record that contains the SFLCSRPRG.

Example:

The following example shows how to specify the SFLCSRPRG keyword:

|...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8
A
A R SFL01 SFL
A S1 10A B 5 5SFLCSRPRG
A S2 10A B 5 25
A R CTL01 SFLCTL(SFL01)
A SFLPAG(5) SFLSIZ(20)
A SFLDSP SFLDSPCTL

In this example, when the cursor leaves field S1, the cursor goes to S1 in the next subfile record.

HTH,
MdnghtPgmr

In my first post I mentioned that I tried that keyword but the problem is it's a multicolumn subfile. I'm using the SFLLIN to space the columns. I get a compile error since SFLCSRPRG and SFFLIN are not compatible.

Since that didn't work I was hoping there was a way to load the records horizontally rather than vertically. So as my user is keying the cursor is moving left to right and going to the next record. When I load the next subfile (single column) the products are in the same order as they were keyed. Right now they are all over the place becuase the records are loading vertically but the cursor is moving horizontally.

As a work around the user is tabbing all the way accross to the next field down to keep the order. Not very efficient.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

rstitzel,

I see that now, sorry. Have you tried pre-build blank subfile records then loading every 13th record upto the number of records to be loaded then coming back and beginning with subfile record 2 again load every 13th record? Sounds like a lot of work but it might work. Only if you know the number of records to be loaded ahead of time though. BTW I've never tried this.

MdnghtPgmr

Rebuild the subfile and create 6 times the same columns then write a record each time the columns are filled in a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back