Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Entry Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocat

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
I am creating a database to track copy machines. Once a month I must report the number of copies each machine has generated.

I have 2 tables - Copy Machine Table - with all of the copy machine info (serial#, Manufacturer, Location, Etc) The second form is Copy Count (Serial#, Month end date and number of copies)

I am trying to create a form to input the number of copies generated in a month. I want to be able to enter the month end date one time, and see list of all of the copy machines with a blank field where I can enter the number of copies.

I created a query consisting of the 2 tables. This is the underlying query for the input form. I placed the month ending date in the form header. every time I try to enter the number of copies, when I jump to the next record I must enter the month end date again. How do I make it so I can enter the month end date one time and go down the list and enter the number of copies for each copier.

I am using Access 97.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Try setting the DefaultValue property for the text box control in the FormHeader to the date/time you want. That should take care of it.

Thanks, but

If I do that, I will have to change the default value every month. I want to be able to enter the date on the form one time and then be able to enter the copy count for each copier.

Any other ideas?

Joe

Not really. You could set the DefaultValue property of the text box in the OnOpen event of the form. Something like this:

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)

Text0.DefaultValue = Month(Date)

End Sub

Why not create a query that inserts the month for each copier in the master table? Thus you have a child table with Copier# + MonthEnd as the primary key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back