Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Entery using a web interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamsm

ISP
Jul 16, 2002
GB
Hi

I was wondering if any body has stumbled across a script/code that allows data entry on to a mysql table using a webpage, and wouldn't mind sharing it with me.

Many thanks

M

why would I be kidding! I am aware of phpMyadmin but that is to complex and it might effect the integrity of the DB if I let every tom dick and harry use it. I just thought that there may already be a ready made script that some one has used and that they might recommend that just enters the data into a selected table.

Sorry if I have offended you in any way!

You haven't offended anyone.

Let me put it this way. You need a hammer. But you've asked for "some tool".

The reason phpMyadmin is so complex is because it's general-purpose. It's impossible to advise you as to what special-purpose frontend you should use without having any idea of what you want to do with your database.

Until you mentioned phpMyAdmin, it was even impossible to know what scripting languages you had available.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

Sorry about the vague post at the begining. You are right I didn't include all the details as I should have.

The script I am looking for doesn't matter if it is ASP or php, all I want it to do is to enter data in to the fields of a mysql table (just one table in the DB), I prefer not to have edit/delete data capability just data entry.

Many thanks

That is so simple a task, you're not going to find anything pre-written to do it. We're talking about a form and a script here.

Please keep in mind, too, that Tek-Tips is not a free code-writing service. If you need this script written and cannot do it yourself, I recommend that you hire someone to do it for you.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

C'mon Sleipnir, nobody was born with knowlegde... but I agree with U.

Shamsm, when you enter to a forum and you have a question it's because you can not find info, tutorials or something to resolve the problem, but your question is (sorry for this) simply and too much stupid. We are not teachers, we are a community for support ourself and share troubleshooting.

Take a look to:

Read it COMPLETELY pls.

Hahahaha, this is the funniest thread I've read on here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back