Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data dumps + PCMCIA card verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggydavie

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2008
FR
Happy new year guys, having an issue where PCMCIA card does not reflect data dumps done on the system i.e its not updated , could this be a faulty card or how can i verify if the card is not damaged or how are dumps synchronized to the card ?. I am not an expert on meridian 11c i would greatly appreciate some guidance on what i should be looking for here.

core problems as understood;

* Daily dumps happening , not reflected PCMCIA

* Possibility faulty PCMCIA card, or non-existant card

How does one go about verifying those and insuring dumps are reflected on card if its available, or if placed in to do so.

thx

Are you refering to your daily LD 43 EDD that runs during your midnight routines? I dont believe that goes to the PCMCIA card, I thought ot went to the C and Z drives. You can go into LD 143 and do a backup to the A or B drives that are the PCMCIA on an SSC card

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

Buddy ,

Thank you for the response , i am yet to actually go onsite to see find out the situation mostly i imagine they expect the dumps to also go to Drive A or B , i just needed to understand what i should be looking for to insure nothing is missed out and why it might not be backing up to A or B drive.

Within the routine would it backup to the various drives inclusive A or B on PCMCIA or would this need to be done manually so as to store the CF off-site i.e come in manually back up to PCMCIA card , walk off with copy? I want to understand if this is the norm in terms of setup for the backups to be reflected on the A or B drive if not how would it be solved manually or if automatically as a routine.

Note i am a beginner and i just need to understand the relevant steps required to take so i can get more acquainted to them.

Thank you in advance.

The PCMCIA slots on an Option 11 SSC card are A and B drives. You can go into LD 143 and go through the Uppgrade menu and do a database archive ot the B drive but I dont know how to make the EDD in LD 43 go there or if its even possible

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

the error and detail are;

PCMCIA database not accessible.
Current external backup is on PCMCIA drive B
EDD000
TEMU020 Errno 0x380003: Failure opening file b:/u/db/config.rec

How can i fix this , this is under .dat.

I believe the BKO command in ld 43 will do a data dump onto the compact flash as long as the compact flash is formatted correctly.

BKO in LD 43 did the trick , as well as removed and inserted the card back and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back