Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Dictionary, listing all fields in Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxvivens

Technical User
May 20, 2010
CA
Need to provide listing of all field names in my database to a Researcher. The database is Access, but i am doing a variety of reports using CR.

I know I may simply import all the fields into my crystal report and this would provide me a listing of everything, in horizontal order, which I could then manipulate (by dragging the fields) to display vertically. I have 200 different data field names all resident in one table.

Example:
Table.field1, Table.field2...Table.field200

I would like to display as:
Table.field1
Table.field2
Table.field200

I realize I could just drag and drop these 200 fields where I want them. And, maybe there is capability in Excel to change a horizontal listing to a vertical listing. Does anyone have any other options I might consider?

I am using CR10. This may have been asked before, but I could not find the thread. Thanks so much for ideas.

Hi,
Have you tried querying the mSys tables in Access? They are its data dictionary.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I will check that, since as you said, that is the source. Thanks.

Access did the trick....tools, documentation. Thanks much, I did not know of that capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back