Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data comes into Report with "_b" for a space

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorbum

Technical User
Aug 26, 2005
US
We are in the middle of setting up Crystal Reports 2008 and using it to pull data from a ticketing database for export into excel. When we run the report the blank spaces between words appear as an "underscore b" (_b). We're using Mysql 5.0 ODBC connection.

Can someone tell me what is causing this and how to get rid of it? Is it in the database the data is being pulled from or is it somethning added in the transfer of data?

Also need to note, when running reports from the ticketing database (the application itself) then the field data appear normal.

Here's an example pulled from the exported excel file:

Ticket__bType Category
Trouble Application__bServices

Thanks,

I've no idea why it's happening. You can get rid of it using a formula field,
Code:
Replace({your.field}, "_b", " ")

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

The formula works fine however I have to put that formula into every string field in the report which is a pain. (like 20+ fields)

If anyone else has a fix for the _b issue, please feel free to suggest.

Thanks

I don't really know anything much about drivers, but it seems like it could be a driver issue. Years ago, I tried a driver that appended ".00" to fields, even to strings. I have nothing more I can add on that, though.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back