Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data binding in dreamweaver 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieshm

Technical User
Aug 2, 2001
US
i am creating a form in dreamweaver with the follwing fields:

last name
first name
address
city
state
zip
email address

i would like to populate a sybase database with the data entered. i would appreciate some helpful hints. thank you

Hiya,

Could you be a little bit more specific with what you need to know please. It would be possible to populate a Sybase database with that information, but do you need help with table structures, SQL commands etc.

Thanks,

Tim

tim, i have already established the tables in a sybase database. however, i need to know the sql commands and possibly the commands needed to link the entered data to the database. thanks again,

matt

Hi,

Can you connect to database. If yes, write a SQL to insert your values into database. For example if you have created TABLE A. then use
insert TABLEA(lastname, firstname, address, city, state, zip, emailaddress)
select (your corresponding dream weaver form values)

Thanks

Hi Matt,

If you do a search on the Internet (or directly into Sybase's web site) for T-SQL SELECT command, it will give you everything that you need to know.

Sybase do manual's as a PDF download from their web site, so you can get the T-SQL manual for your version direct from them. They are excellent at providing you with the commands and Syntax that you need.

HTH

Tim

Hi Matt,

If you do a search on the Internet (or directly into Sybase's web site) for T-SQL SELECT command, it will give you everything that you need to know.

Sybase do their manuals as PDF downloads from their web site, so you can get the T-SQL manual for your version direct from them. They are excellent at providing you with the commands and Syntax that you need.

HTH

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back