Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Back-Up CS 1000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPHTECH

MIS
Jun 18, 2009
US
We have a CS 1000 (well, a few of them at different locations) and we are starting a new Disaster Recovery program. We now will be backing up the system daily and having the sim cards taken off site.
My questions are,
1: With the sim cards, what sizes are you able to use as our vendor said only a 256 meg would work. We would like to be able to back up the config and all the user data to these cards.
2: I know we do a daily back up in load 43, but is there a way to back up all the important info like user data and system programing or possibly the complete system to the cards? Any help and or advice would be great!

Thanks!

This is a good step for desaster recovery , 256 is Ok for data back up , also you can take manual backup of all the configurations needed to recover your system , listed below is the list of all required LDs and the way to take manual BU of your system

CONFIGURATION RECORD

>LD 22
REQ: prt
TYPE: (cfn, phst)

>LD 20
REQ: stat

>LD 20
TYPE (ght, scl, dnb, tnb)

>LD 21
TYPE: (rdb, cdb, cli)
CUST: 0

>LD 21
REQ: ltm
CUST: 0

>LD 22
REQ: (issp, tid, slt)

>LD 23
TYPE: (cdn, acd, scb)

>LD 24
TYPE: (dis)

>LD 37
. stat (tty)

>LD 48
. stat (aml, élan, msdl)

>LD 49
TYPE: (idc, fcr)

>LD 56
TYPE: (ftc, mcad, fcad)

>LD 57
TYPE: ffc
CODE (all)

>LD 60
. stat

>LD 73
TYPE: ddb

>LD 73
TYPE (pri2)
FEAT (lpti, syti)

>LD 73
TYPE (dti2)
FEAT (lpti, syti)

>LD 83
REQ: lst

>LD 86
CUST 0
FEAT (esn, rlb, dgt)

>LD 87
CUST 0
FEAT (nctl)
Nrng 0 7

>LD 87
CUST 0
FEAT (cdp)
TYPE (tsc, dsc)

>LD 88
TYPE: aut
CUST 0
Spwd
CODE (all)

>LD 88
TYPE: aub
CUST 0
Spwd
CODE (all)

>LD 90
CUST 0
FEAT (net)
TRAN (ac1, ac2)
TYPE (spn)

>LD 95
TYPE: name
CUST 0
DN (all)
SHRT (yes)

>LD 96
. Stat (dch, msdl)

>LD 97
TYPE: (sysp, losp, btd, xctp, xpe, supl)

>Ld 117
=> stat serv (if there is signaling server)

>Ld 117
=> stat ip tn <loop> <shelf> <card> <unit> (if there are IP Phones)

>LD 117
=> (prt host, prt zone, prt elnk,prt mask,)

>LD 117
=> (inv gen all)
Note: wait for some time till below message comes
Inventory Card and Sets generation complete
=> (inv prt all)

>LD 135
. Stat (cpu, cni,mem)

>LD 137
. (stat, stat elnk,hsp)

>LD 143
. (mdp issp)

>LD 1
CONFIRM TEMPLATE AUDIT NOW? (Y/N) y

>LD 43
.edd

Thank you sabirawan, this will be a good tool for us to be able to see all the info of the switch manually. Along with this, what, if any of this info can be placed on the sim card so that the switch can back up from it if ever needed.
When we have used the sim cards in the past it just didnt look as if all the info had been passed to it or stored on it as we hoped.

Thanks!

No we don't use Procomm, We are a hospital that uses Reflection system wide.

Our boss would like us to be able to have the current configuration of the switch and all the user data stored to theses sim cards as we have 3 CS1000 switches in different locations. The biggest concern is our main location that has 20 shelves and around 5000 users. To manually restore the switch would be very time consuming. The "hope" was to be able to take the system config and place it on a sim card or the actual OS and also be able to place the user data on a sim card as well. The info sabirawan gave me will work great to get manual info.

Thanks!  
Thanks!

Maybe I'm not fully understanding but that is what you get with an EDD in LD 43. You get a full backup of the switch and that would be what you would restore from in the event of a disaster. That is exactly what the EDD command is for and why it runs automatically during the midnight routines. Just swap out your CF cards on a routine basis to keep backups off site.

So the edd command will back up all the system settings and the user data to the card?

Thanks!

Yep. Like I said, get you 2 or 3 cards and put them in a rotation, always keeping one off site.

Yes, you can rotate EDD backups, but what if your database somehow gets corrupted or even you have to look back to how some T1 card, route or TN was configured 3 months ago.

All is good, but sabiriawan does what I do, which is to capture the data into a text file. In my shop I take, at minimum, a periodic TNB printout backup. There are several Excel spreadsheet macros on the web that can parse the TNB captures into usable reference spreadsheets.

I just make image backups of the SD cards (or whatever media), then you can re-write them track-for-track back to any similar card, keeping an unlimited number of backups. I use and save the image files right to the corporate network, which is already backed up nightly and sent off-site in most cases.

[&copy;] GHTROUT.com [&hArr;] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

If you have Element Manager you could schedule FTP backups to run over the network.

You could have 3 or more FTP schedules set to backup to different locations / servers, so all your eggs not in one basket.

If you don't have Element Manager then do as previous post suggest, swap the floppy drive or Compact Flash on the CS1000E. Then just rotate 3 or more times per week, keep 1 in fire-proof safe or off-site.

Thanks for all the info guys. I will be bringing this up at our meeting tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in the response as I have been off site working the past 2 days.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back