Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Access Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveensg

Programmer
May 15, 2002
GB
Hi there,
Recently I distributed some CDs of my application to some clients. One of my clients started getting this error 525 whenever he tried loading one of the forms. I have put a simple data control on that form which gets data from a table when the form gets loaded. i have zeroed-in the problem to this data control and i think there is a problem with the registration of the associated dll viz dao350.dll...how do i fix this problem?? plz help me as my boss is pretty angry over me by now:(
praveen

First thing that I would do would be to ditch DAO and bound controls if at all possible.

What is error 525's Description?

Rob

Use the MDAC that was distributed with your application. You can find it in (may be different on your computer)...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\IDE\IDE98\Redist

Or you can go to MS and look up mdac and check out the different version (up to 2.7).

Good Luck

got to MS data access(ADO) site and download comcheck.exe. Run this component on the client machine that DOES NOT get the error. It will tell you what version of MDAC is running on that machine. Download this version from the site.

Then, run comcheck.exe on the machine that does not work. It will tell you what version it is. Compare the version with the first machine. If they're not compatible, then install the version that you downloaded earlier.

Also, make sure that depending on the Operating System i.e XP or win 2000, appopriate windows patches are installed.

good luck

MDAC is alrady there in th system u developd the app. The filename is MDAC_Typ.exe. Search for it in your harddrive. Praveen, These are the things u need to worry about when u create th set up for th application. Did u create the set up using package and deployment wizard? Let us know the results.

All the best name sake... Praveen Menon
pcmin@rediffmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back