Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Access Page over the Intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagehrer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2002
US
I have saved an Access DB form as a data access page and placed the page out on the web server and I continually get an error stating that:

Microsoft Office Web Components could not open the database 'C:\Documents and settings\Administrator\Desktop\HWM Data.mdb'
I have been trying to download a Data Access Page to our firm's intranet and I am able of course to view it, but
I have loaded the web components on all the machines that I have been using for testing, but can not access the data access page on any computer other than my own. I made adjustments to Internet Explorer regarding the security settings. The data access page will appear, but it has garbage in the data fields.

The error message that I receive is that Microsoft Office Web Components cold not open the database "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\then the document name.

Do I maybe have something in the wrong place?

I would greatly appreciate any help. I must be overlooking a key step.

Thanks,

Sagehrer

it sounds like you don't have the server set up correctly as if there is an error you should have a virtual address (eg. ), not a directory as you are getting.

make sure you have your intranet directory set up in IIS and are accessing it via a virtual address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back