Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Access Page -- How to Change the file location?? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

qb828

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
Hi guys!

I created a data access page(Web page) from MS Access,
helloweb.html(It is data entry form(webpage))

It asked me where I want to save it.

So I saved it,say C:\myaccess\helloweb.html.

So From there I can enter new records into the access database, address.mdb.

Here are my questions:

1) How can I change the path to the file?

The link to the database, address.mdb breaks when I move my helloweb.html to another folder and try to enter new records.
I looked for the path but I can't find it.
Does it allow to change the path?

2) When I use the create data access page by using wizard to create webpage, where does it create the webpage?

Because sometime it asks where I want to save the file. But sometime it saves it inside of the access database.
Sometime it saves where I designated and inside of access database both places.

Where does it suppose to save( where is default place?)?

When it saves at both locations, the one inside of access database seems to be a shortcut.

Does anyone know about the data access page?
Could you help me or guide me to website where provides some tutorials?

Thank you so much.

QB

You're right, Access only stores the path and name of the data access page. It does not store the page itself. If you move it to another directory, you will need to delete the link in Access. Then select "Edit Web Page that already exists" via the Pages. Note that when you delete it, Access will ask whether you want to delete just the link or the link and the html file. Just delete the link.

To answer your questions:

1) You will need a HTML editor and open the DAP in source mode. From there about 5-10 line down starting with OBJECT scroll to the right and you will see the parameters pointing to your MDB file. From therre you can manulay change the path. If you MDB file and DAP are going to be in the same directory try using this path "./myDB.mdb" (myDB being your Access file name).

2) When you create a DAP within Access it will save it where ever you want and then create a shortcut (.lnk) within the Access command Module.

Hope this help!

Scott

Using Access2000 and Windows 2000 Professional, I have created and developed my database on network drive H.

The database is now located on network drive Y and I have changed the 'default database folder' under menu TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL TAB to value Y:\etc.

All runs well until next day when Access issues a message that it cannot find drive H! When I check the above menu value I find it has reverted to H:\ again.

How can I make Access retain the changed default database folder location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back