Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Access Forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdarvwill

Technical User
May 22, 2002
CA
I'm making a DB with Access and i want to add a form on a web page to enter data, edit data and search throught data.

Every time i start up a Data Access page it only allows me to add tables and queries.... is there anyway to add form?

or is there a way to be able to edit and search through the data?

(i'm pretty new to this)

[tt]
Hi:

I've only experimented with "Data Access Pages", so you may know more than I do.

If you will use the Wizard, you can enter tables and queries on which the Wizard will contruct your HTML based Data Access Page. I don't think you can load forms themselves on a Data Access Page, only the data and queries on which the page will be based. The Data Access Page itself is the form.

I hope this is helpful.[/tt] Gus Brunston [glasses] An old PICKer, using Access2000.

I once built a Web site for my company using ADP and guess what I did: Made a MDE and had the user use that. You will not be able to make forms on the Web Page but rather use the table like 'gusbrunston' suggests. You will be able to turn off record navigation buttons and stuff on the bottom to make it look like it is not a table and other buttons like you would on the form. Basically you are building a form HTML style. You will have to use Web based search engines to mine your database as there is no option to put a search button by using the wizard.

I think ADP is very limited as to what you can do with it. Most people will tell you it is better to just build an HTML from scratch and use your database to call the data from and to enter data to.

Gookluck.

:)WB

thanks for both responses... i guess i thought it would be a wizard item :) hehe

i'll give it a shot.. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back