Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dat updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry712

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
i have a small percentage as well that arent updating the dat

if you do a it looks like it's all working

the updatelog on pc isnt there - strange
if you manually do an update - it works ok

most pc's seem to be nt4's

any thoughts or diags to check
or can you pop a reg hack or something in

Working fine here every day 5pm

Russ Shoemaker

It's been a while since I looked at ePO/VS clients as I have handed that work to someone else, but I remember having this problem when either the ePO agent (common framework) or IE gets itself in a pickle. In these cases, I think the agent log :)8081) reports that the DATs are up to date and doesn't bother downloading the new incremental files.

One or more of the following may help:
1. Repair IE
2. Reinstall the ePO agent (can be pushed from the ePO server).

Sometimes I found that neither of those worked. Then I had to remove the ePO agent (frminst /remove=AGENT I think), remove VirusScan, then reinstall both. A small nut, a large sledgehammer.

Perhaps someone else has a less onerous method...

I've had trouble with computers that are never rebooted (at least not often) not updating. Pushing the ePO agent to that machine seems to wipe everything and get it going again.

If the computer is turned on but not actually logged onto the network, it wont update.

bfralia said:
If the computer is turned on but not actually logged onto the network, it wont update.

Really? I thought the updates do work even if no user is logged on. After all, the Framework processes run as a service on the PC, not in the user subsystem.

But I agree that rebooting more than once in a blue moon is a good idea. Also, resending the agent installation package can indeed help clear some update problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back