Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAT checking tool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

netuse

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
GB
I have to check DAT updates on a massive group of servers.
I am looking for a command line tool that will retrieve the DAT version currently installed so that I can use a script to do the whole lot. Any ideas?

Build a Server list into a text file such as srv.lst and then using a NT/2000 resource kits regdmp.exe, such like
c:\>FOR /F "tokens=1" %i in (srv.lst) do regdmp -m %i "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\VirusScan Engine\4.0.xx" | find /i "szDatVersion", would quickly help to find out the version of data. regards

To AVDude: yes EPO is great but sometimes the information not reflect the real configuration/dat version of the client

(f.e. when locally I run superdat, the info are not updated in the db [sql7])

ideas?

Grazie
Fabio

The script works great, thanks. EPO is good, but have also noticed false results.
Thanks again

M

kbb2001,

How would I use the script you provided to redirect its output to a file? Thanks in advance.

If you want to redirect to a file add '>> file.txt' to the end of the command
eg

FOR /F "tokens=1" %%i in (srv.txt) do regdmp -m %%i "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\VirusScan Engine\4.0.xx" | find /i "szDatVersion" >> dat.txt

This will put the results in a text file and save it in the same location as the script.

Hope this helps.

netuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back