Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dashed line at left edge of page printed in PhotoPaint 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman910

Technical User
Aug 21, 2001
US
I have a mystery black dashed line which is not visible on the monitor at any zoom level, along the left edge of prints of an 8.5"x11" landscape image in PhotoPaint 8. I have tried printing this from two different computers with different processors and printers. On one computer, it occurs sporadically, on the other it always appears.

Anybody have any idea what is causing this or how to eliminate it?

Draw a rectangle mask in your image, basically selecting everything. Copy it all and open a new image, make a new layer, drop your image on the new layer. Should be ok.

Graphics files sometimes get a kink in the header where they tell the interpreter (printer, slide burner, whatever) what their dimensions are. - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

Thanks tjd. I tried this fix, but no success. Have also tried saving as jpeg rather than cpt, and this eliminated the black line but significantly darkened the image (after hours spent getting the color, brightness, contrast and intensity to match an original watercolor scan prior to save to cpt). Any other ideas?

big long mmmmmh. Can post the CPT here or not? I can run it back to numbers and see if anything is in the header that shouldn't be there. - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

tjd, please e-mail me at my public e-mail address: jsnow403@hotmail.com and we can discuss file transfer possibilities privately. I really appreciate your willingness to take the time to a look at this.

I have had the same problem a number of times and would appreciate any solution you come up with. I am a professional graphic artist that has been using PhotoPaint since version 3 and the only fix that I have come up with is to save the file in anything BUT .cpt, open that file in Adobe Photoshop and save it again. Even that hasn't resulted in 100% success, so I would appreciate anything you find out. You can e-mail me direct at ghand@graphicsbyhand.com . Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back