Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dameware / Remote Assistance Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake201

Technical User
Mar 19, 2010
AU
Hi there, im not sure if there is a program that is out there that can do what im looking for, im looking for a program like dameware that has the ability to push the client software to the remote computer and remote in with no questions but i am also looking for somethis similer to Remote Assistance that telles you who is loged on to the computer. but want the ability to see the screen like dameware from a logon screen to the desktop.

So what im looking for is a remote program that can push out clint software, remote to it and advise me if and who is logon to the computer before remoting to it.

If there is such a software please let me know

Thanks

I'm not aware of anything else that can push the software, nothing as good as dameware for that.

The other option is to use RDP which is built in or use another tool such as Netop or VNC (wouldn't myself) and put the client in the build.

Someone else may have an idea!

novell zenworks has these functionalities built in. zen10 version 10.2.2. it is costly so if if you are looking for something that is inexpensive, that isn't it, but it does have the ability to do everything you are requesting.

You say something "like Dameware" -- is there any reason you can't use DameWare itself? We use DameWare here and it's pretty handy.

AFAIK there aren't any other automated solutions that push the software automatically. You can use UltraVNC for a remote desktop solution though, if you aren't comfortable with using the built-in RDP from Microsoft.

I was previously posting under "GeneralDzur" but hgate73 is my new username.

zen 10 can push automatically to a system as long as administrative credencials are correct. It can autodiscover a system and assuming you have the correct authentication information, it will then self install unbeknownced to the user until the reboot.

i have used Dameware and it is a great tool, just trying to find another software that tells me if there is a user already logon to the computer before the screen comes up, kind of like Remote Assistance, this is due to privacy. But needs to have the same ability's as Dameware.

That makes sense. We have the same issue here, suddenly logging in and startling the user, as well as seeing everything they're doing.

I think there is an option in DameWare you can enable that requires permission to connect, before you see their screen. Have you given that a shot?

I was previously posting under "GeneralDzur" but hgate73 is my new username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back