Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Damaged file on server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannes214

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
DE
Hi

We use a SuSE Linux 9.x as samba server and we had a little problem with our RAID last night.
Now 1 file is damaged and I can't repair or delete it.
The file is named with a "?" now ("?KWZ1.TXT"), has a size from 0Byte and a date from 01-01-1970.
I get always the answer "Permission denied" even if I try to delete or remove or change the rights with "chmod".

Can someone help me???
How can I solve that problem?

Hannes

IT-Management
( FoxPro-Newbi :eek:) )

This looks like a broken filesystem. Have you tried doing a filesystem check yet?

--== Anything can go wrong. It's just a matter of how far wrong it will go till people think its right. ==--

We tried fsck, but it won't run...no matter how????
..and I don'n know if I filesystem check will be good during the server is running .. (samba-deamon)..

IT-Management
( FoxPro-Newbi :eek:) )

You will need to unmount your file systems for a file check, so no one can be using them.

The question mark makes me wonder if it isn't a deleted file that somehow needs help going towards the light. I didn't think linux flaged deleted files this way but you said something about samba. Is that where you are seeing the file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back