Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAG with 1 Nic can it be reconfigured for 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brichr

MIS
Feb 17, 2003
US
I have a test network with two database servers runing on vmware both server are part of a DAG but I set it up with one nic. Does anyone have steps i can follow to reconfigure the DAG to use a second nic?

would i have to suspend my replicas or delete the current copy at all or is it that simple?

if the new nics are in a different subnet would I also have to reconfigure the ip address for my dag Group?

They have to be in a different subnet. You basically want to configure them so that they don't register in DNS, too.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

I did read the part about not updating dns. I made the client mapi nic the top priority on the list also. I put them in a new subnet of course, and I did not change the DAG ip address and it seems to be fine. Thanks again. It actually was pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back