Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DAA + dvd questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

acoustictech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2005
US
I have 2 2gb daa files on my computer. I don't have a dvd burner. Is it possible to install the files without burning them to dvd first? This is pretty much just 'mounting' the files correct? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I think you should be posting in a software/OS forum. These "files" aren't hardware are they?

The answer is "42"

acoustictech, I just read my own post and with the ad nag software they run here it looks like I highlighted "hardware"(which I didn't) My point wasn't that you shouldn't post here but that you might get quicker answers if you were to post in a more appropriate forum [blush]

The answer is "42"

You could try to MOUNT them using any of the Virtual CD drivers, ie. Alcohol 120%, DaemonTools, or SlySofts Virtual CD...

but you may have to convert it first to standard ISO or BIN file, use PowerISO ie. to convert it...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back