Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D2D2T help

Status
Not open for further replies.

XJer

Technical User
Nov 23, 2004
CA
Hello. We are currently evaluating Backupexec 10d and would like to implement D2D2T.

Here is the scenario. We have a dedicated backup server with a tape drive and 3 files servers with the remote agent installed.

We need the remote agents to backup to disk concurrently to make sure that there are done within their backup windows. Once finished I would like to have the 3 disk backups duplicated to the same tape but scheduled during the daytime.

This process would happen monday-friday. I cannot seem to get this to work properly.

I did get it to kind of work this way by only creating one job and selecting the data on the remote servers but it will only backup one resource at a time.

Is their a way to have 3 seperate backup jobs run concurrently and have their disk backups dupliacted to one tape?

Thank you

You can specify the number of concurrent operations for a particular Backup-to-Disk folder by right-clicking on the particular folder under Devices and selecting the Configuration tab - then adust the number of concurrent operations.

I believe the default is 1 concurrent operation. You then, in theory, should be able to schedule the jobs to run all at the same start time. In my case when I am going from D2T, sometimes I have been successful in having jobs run simultaneously and sometimes the jobs queue up even though there are tape drives available.

YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back