Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D160 Button Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
So we just got in a D160 to test with and I am having a bit of an issue. Is there a way to program the phone to when you press a button it activates the feature. For instance, call park. I program call park on the handset via the handset menus, to put a call on park I have to press the button I programmed, plus the park slot number.

Another thing, is there not a way to program the phone through manager. I have tried looking at SSA and monitor, but since the button is not a "live" button it never picks anything up. I've tried programming the buttons through the phone and then looking in manager, nothing ever changes.

Any help?

It is a SIP device and for IP Office that equals a single line phone which cannot have feature buttons.
There are very limited features to set, use speeddial and a function code to activate a feature.
For most features you need two buttons.

Yes the D160 is very frustrating in it's feature compliment. You can assign a Park button but you have to select the parking spot as you described above. There is no unPark feature button that the phone will recognize so you have to write a custom short code to do that. We use *99X - Unpark Call - N
Other than that we like the phone, decent range and audio quality.

what about line appearance, I guess thats not possible?

The 8 buttons at the bottom of the D160 are programmable and the directions are in the Users Manual HOWEVER you can not use the buttons for Call Park or Call Retrieve, even though the manual says you can. I was told today by my Avaya support group that those two features can not be programmed on a button on the D160 even on the new 9.0 and that should be supported by the Feature Matrix online. I have not tried programming the buttons on the D160 via Manager but when you program them from the phone, the feature you programmed will show in button programming in Manager. You can Park a call or Retrieve a call using the feature button on the front of the phone and scrolling to Call Park or Call Retrieve but it's a pain. And no, you can not put line appearances on the phones.

You won't see the call park/pickup, but you could program a button for dialing a short code to access park/pickup so the customer at least only has to push 1-button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back