Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D100 reset button on base unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

resicom

Vendor
Jan 14, 2014
US
Do not know if this has been covered, but tek support told me the network was blocking my d100 base from connection to ip office or it was a defective unit. They had walked me through resetting with the reset on the base unit itself. I realized when i took the unit back to my office that the reset button does nothing but reboot the unit. I had to get into web manager using the ip set at the the customer site. The reset button on the base is CRAP. You must go into web manager and click reboot, then choose to reboot to factory default. That is the only way to wipe it. Why it did not work the first time I installed it I don't know. But after rebooting to factory defaults it worked and my office, then again at the customer site. BE SURE to unplug the base from your poe power source after you execute the reboot from the web interface of the unit. I tried the same unit with 3 ip office systems running 9.0 and 9.1 and it linked flawlessly this way to each one.

Before complaining too much you might want to make sure that you have checked the manual.
The reset button works (have done it myself and walked customers through it as well)

maybe you called the wrong tech support and they did not read the manual either so here in short

1. Press and hold the Registration button located on the front of the base station and
insert a pin into the Reset button hole also located on the front of the base station.
Hold both buttons for five seconds.
The base station resets the following parameters to the default values indicated:
• IP Address: 192.168.1.100
• Subnet Mask: 255.255.0
• Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Hope it helps for the next time you need to wipe one of these.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), expired ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I do agree with Westi

I have also used the reset button after I messed up an installation..

I read the docs and followed the procedure and was able to reset the base station.

Then I did it right this time.

So it does work.......

My bad then. Thanks for the info Will try that to see went through 3 tek support people. Will call them and update them too. Anyone have any news on when they might update the d100 feature buttons to be able to use features like a call park appearance?

I didn't hear something from Avaya about D100. So for me it looks like a trial. Not enough bought some and so they do not push it anymore.

Don't take my thoughts tooo serious... It is just my personal opinion about D100.

Since it's a SIP phone, I doubt they'll make the feature buttons work. Regarding initializing the base, I found that if you hold the reset and registration button for exactly 5 secs, it will initialize the unit. If you hold it a little too long, it seems like it goes in maintenance mode. Big pain in the ...

I have one with Users programmed under the buttons as BLF keys. Works as a charm.

The one I just installed on a 9.0.5 couldn't have user buttons. The button would light up red if the user was on the phone but that's it. If you press it, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back