Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D Link Router DI-604 Rev. E

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocTrevena

Technical User
Jan 1, 2004
US
I am using a D Link 604 Revision E running it on an older Compaq 5838, AMD 500 Athlon, 512 RAM, Win XP Pro, Cable modem ... my system runs fine no problems at all. My fiance... thats another story she is running a PC similar to mine but she is on Win 98SE. Almost every 3 minutes she has a popup says enter your user name and password so she can stay online. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the popup? She is getting mad at ME! Cause the popups are annoying HER! HELP

do you know what the username/password screen looks like ?
it may not necessary came from the router

check her internet connection settup make sure there is nothing would prompt her for username/pass

definetely, what is the user/pass screen? Is it an actual windows popup, or an internet explorer based popup?

Its a windows pop up not a IE type. The next time she boots it up Ill write down all the particulars.. Its got her so annoyed she hasnt even turned the machine on in 4 days.

Hmmm, yeah that's odd.

If you can, take a screen shot by hitting the print screen button on the keyboard, and then opening any decent image editing program, and create an image the same size as the resolution of your screen, then go to Edit > Paste, and post that on here (crop it though to the dialog box for the sake of downloading the image).

does your ISP need you to logon every time you get on the internet ?

Have you removed all/any dialup adapters from the network settings? Also make sure the internet settings are configured to " I'm connected to a LAN"

i have a network using two diferent gateways.
one for internet service and the other using as-400 system

the problem is that i can't combine both aplications at the same time this means
i'm not able to work on as-400 system and check my e-mail at the same time .

the gateways directions are 192.168.2.250 and 192.168.2.100

can somebody help me with this ??

Yes, you need a router. You'd be setting the gateway to that router, and then that router would determine via it's routing table which direction to send packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back