Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D.I.D. Line apearance 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krooney

Programmer
May 5, 2012
CA
How do i create a line apearance button for a d.i.d.

APSS
ACIS
ACSS

DID is not a line, it is a virtual number that can come on any channel of the PRI
the only thing you could do is create an extension that receives these calls and create a bridged appearance. Might work, might not as I never tried it

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Hi westi thanks for the reply basically its an office that has tenants that are all lawyers and depending on the d.i.d. Dialed she answers with a different greeting because of the multiple law firms what would u think is the best solution

APSS
ACIS
ACSS

Create call groups with each lawyer's name as the group name with the recpt as the only member. Point each DID to the appropriate call group. On the recpt display the lawyers name will appear and she can answer appropriately.

Jerry

or just have 1 group with reception as member but add a TAG to each incoming call routed DDI

Either a named HG or TAG on the incoming call route will work, but TAG gives you more characters to play with :)

Like if the lawyer is greek...

GB

Tagging is the way to go as it is easy and quick, using it in a answering service with Soft Console for over 200 clients. Shows on every call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back