Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D.i.d. call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLink7

Vendor
Oct 28, 2009
CA
Trying to set up d.i.d.s in 2 locations for transfers of calls.Haven't tried this yet but it seems the cheapest solution for the customer.Is Line redirection the best way to do this or is there a better way ?

I geuss I forgot to mention 1 location has a mics 7.0 and the other location has a mics 6.0 both locations have analogue d.i.d.s.

Not sure as need more info...

Do you mean if I call DID on site A it transfers to site B?
Is this all the time or controlled?

Line redirect will tie up a line for duration of call, it will also be reduced in volume.

All depends why you want this as opposed to just have people call the DID at site B instead.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Customer wants to transfer calls to the other location seemlessly. DID seems to be the easest. Think of it this way ,caller calls company, receptions transfers call to the call forwared D.I.D. call gets forwared with the calling party not knowing.

I am assuming you mean to create a virtual dn that is directed to the customers other site that the reception simply transfers the caller to ,is this correct ?

I suppose you could do it tthat way but your tying up a resource (DN)

If reception does not want to press transfer then access code then the number maybe try this:

Build a route say 005 and give say dest code of 8
and tell that route to use another route 006.
Build route 006 and tell it to call that offsite #.
Recption now does Transfer, 8 and hangs up.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back