Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D-Channel Call Send/Recieve malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasan UNAL

Programmer
Jan 29, 2019
TR
Hi,
Briefly,
I have several remote sites, and I am sitting in central site.
They call any-other remote site via center router in central site.
So the path is, Remote Site----> Local Router ----> Central Router ---> Other Remote Site
One of them (Option11c) makes a trouble at sending and recieving calls.
So let say,
Central Site Number: 2730
Remote Site IVR: 7991
Whenever I call, it makes no dial tone and no other noise. Just hangs there.
MSGI Monitoring outputs are shown below:

This is: I called 7991 and hang-up after 3 seconds
Code:
DCH 15 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND  REF 00001E80 CH 2 1 TOD  13:06:18 CK 1324FF66
CALLED  #:7991 NUM PLAN: UNKNOWN   TON: UNKNOWN
PROGRESS: CALL IS NOT END TO END ISDN
CALLING #:2730 NUM PLAN: E164  TON: UNKNOWN

DCH 15 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUPCOMP_IND  REF 00001E80 CH 2 1 TOD  13:06:20 CK 13250EF9

DCH 15 UIPE_IMSG CC_DISC_IND   REF 00001E80 CH 2 1 TOD  13:06:28 CK 1325535D
CAUSE: #16 - NORMAL CALL CLEARING

DCH 15 UIPE_IMSG CC_RELEASE_CONF   REF 00001E80 CH 2 1 TOD  13:06:28 CK 132553D9

This is: I called 7991 and wait until it drops
Code:
DCH 15 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND  REF 00001E00 CH 2 1 TOD  13:05:52 CK 1324378E
CALLED  #:7991 NUM PLAN: UNKNOWN   TON: UNKNOWN
PROGRESS: CALL IS NOT END TO END ISDN
CALLING #:2730 NUM PLAN: E164  TON: UNKNOWN

DCH 15 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUPCOMP_IND  REF 00001E00 CH 2 1 TOD  13:05:54 CK 132446E1

DCH 15 UIPE_IMSG CC_DISC_IND   REF 00001E00 CH 2 1 TOD  13:06:08 CK 1324AC4C
CAUSE: #102 - RECOVERY ON TIMER EXPIRY

DCH 15 UIPE_IMSG CC_RELEASE_CONF   REF 00001E00 CH 2 1 TOD  13:06:08 CK 1324ACCA

So, because telecom terminology is all greek to me, I dont know where could be the problem is.

I research D-Channel and find out that it is in layer 3 in OSI model. So this could be a networking problem?

By the way, while I done this calls, the IVR didn't show up. Just silence. Nothing...
And another thing, all other remote sites are doing just fine.

So the problem could be with that remote site router?

Could be a lot of different things but the remote site router since this isn't IP makes no sense.

You might get more info it you do a LD 80 trad on the active trunk

So using the above calls as an example you would see the DCH setup message on PRI Loop 2 channel 1

LD 80
. trad 2 1

See if that gives you any further info, for the IVR can you see it seizing a channel? Also what is the details of the trunk Protocol etc., is it just a single PRI with its own DCH or is there a single DCH signaling for a few PRI's?

--Single PRI with its own DCH

Here is the TRAD results. First is a Healty Remote Site. Second is the broken one. They seem to be exact!

1. Healty Remote Site
Code:
ACTIVE  TN 002 01
ORIG  002 01  TIE  RMBR  15 1
TERM  010 0 00 12  MARP 0  4991  L500
DIAL DN 4991
MAIN_PM  ESTD
TALKSLOT  ORIG  27   TERM  27
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU  NONE
CALL ID 0 521

----  ISDN PRA CALL (ORIG) ----
CALL REF # =  29704
BEARER CAP =  VOICE
HLC =
CALL STATE =  10     ACTIVE
CALLING NO =  2730  NUM_PLAN:E164    TON:UNKNOWN   ESN:UNKNOWN
CALLED NO  =  4991  NUM_PLAN:UNKNOWN     TON:UNKNOWN   ESN:UNKNOWN

2. Broken One

Code:
ACTIVE  TN 002 01
ORIG  002 01  TIE  RMBR  15 1
TERM  007 0 00 12  MARP 0  7992  L500
DIAL DN 7992
MAIN_PM  ESTD
TALKSLOT  ORIG  14   TERM  14
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU  NONE
CALL ID 0 1049

----  ISDN PRA CALL (ORIG) ----
CALL REF # =  11648
BEARER CAP =  VOICE
HLC =
CALL STATE =  10     ACTIVE
CALLING NO =  2730  NUM_PLAN:E164    TON:UNKNOWN   ESN:UNKNOWN
CALLED NO  =  7991  NUM_PLAN:UNKNOWN     TON:UNKNOWN   ESN:UNKNOWN

C lover, devoted to JS, writing c#...

Nortel stuff : SCH ERROR MESSAGES: ERR ERROR MESSAGES:

Why would 2 different remote sites be going out the same PRI? Both your calls are going to route 15. Don't you have different PRI's going to different sites for your networking?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have 3 sites. Site A, B and C. From site A you can call site B but cant call site C. The calls are going out the same route from site A. That would lead me to believe that site C is connected to Site B with a PRI and not directly connected to site A. Would that be a correct assumption? If so your issue is between site B & C and not an issue between site A & C.

I have 5 remote sites.
All connected to central site.
If 1. Remote will call 2. Remote site, it sends call information to central router at central site. It routes it to the destination.
And also in every remote site configuration is same. Loop 2, rout 15.

Can someone on site at the remote site dial 7991 / 7992? as these appear to be analogue ports at the remote site,
Have you checked the analogue card 7 at the remote site, STAT in LD 32, also try an DISC 7 & ENLC 7

First of all, remote site is functioning great locally.
Second, my main duty is developing softwares but after the nortel guy retired, I jumped into pbx systems. So, I am a total newbie in both in pbx and pbx networking. I try to figure it out from old avaya documentations. So go easy on me :)

Third, at central site we have an old ass cisco router. I mean a network router.
And in every remote site there are another cisco network router. I dont know how that works, I mean carring calls from nortel via network.
Loop 2, Route 15 is this PRI which is responsible for this calls.
And there are also Distant Steering Codes.
There are 4 wires that is connected to router’s port (rx+,rx-, tx+, tx-). If that helps.
At least tell me what to read to understand this situation.

So are all the PABX's connected to cisco routers on those sites with PRI? Then connect to each other via Network? If so what is the network bit in the middle H323/SIP? Or are they point to point using Circuit Emmulation (CEM) need to be a bit clearer about the setup.

The trace you posted:

ORIG 002 01 TIE RMBR 15 1 Call incomming on route 15 member 1 (TN 2-1)
TERM 007 0 00 12 MARP 0 7992 L500 Call being presented to extension 7992 (TN 7-12)

This implies the call is routing successfully to the remote site, hence my question, does it work locally
Can you connect an analogue phone to TN 7-12, and make a test call to 7992.

As per output tells,
I do perfectly understand what that means.
It is working fine as locally as I already posted here.

The reason that I am calling IVR is that, there is no need to any human interaction for “answering the call”.

I understand that every information is sent to initiate the call, and it successfully completed. But there is no voice, I tell. Somehow (if this is possible) the call setup is going perfect but voice data is not
Sending/recieved?

Anyway, my network expert is returning from leave this monday, So we will inspect on network level.

Thanks everyone for your kind messages. I will post for any changes/updates/success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back