Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D/C ISDN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxx

Vendor
Sep 22, 2006
US
Customer has an ICS with an fiber NAM. They want to switch to COX cable local business service to save money. I agree. I have never worked with ISDN on an Norstar.

Cox will only deliver the service via their modem to a 66 block to fan out to the 7 C/O lines with Caller ID they they need. So this is like normal copper service from the C/O. Hook up to the 66 block and you get dial tone and an ANI per pair.

Now the question is how can I disable the ISDN on the controul unit and revert back to bringing in the service via the 25 pair AMP? Can I just remove the ISDN module or do I have to reprogram some items?

Thanks!

All you need is 2 DS analog cards .If all you have is a T1 card(DTI) it needs to be removed and replaced.2 slots for 2 4 line cards.card 1 lines 1-4, card 2 lines 25-28 or 31-34 depending on the software release.

If they want CID they would need CI trunk cards instead of DS.

Thats what I was thinking but thats not what I wrote.Sorry.

Thanks. If I understand does each of the 2 CI card handle 4 Loop ports each for a total of 8 loop lines?

When I install the CI cards to allow for CID will the CID info from the C/O automatically be delivered to the key sets as they are now?

Also any change in software level or just the change from the T-1 and ISDN to 2 CI cards?

If the T1 was receiving CLID on the channels and the channels were set as loop or ground the answer is yes only for the lines 1-4.For lines 25-28 or 31-34 they will have to be set for CLID. Also depending on the S/W level this will determin where you go to program CLID.

Is ISDN only delivered via T-1?

If so then are you saying that I will find a T-1 and an ISDN card and that both must be remvoed and replaced with the CI 4 port card?

Thanks. BTW way this customer wants his AA night announc. manually activated. How can I program a NIGHT button so he can turn it on and off of Night mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back