Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cx600 Flare upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo6630

Technical User
Sep 23, 2005
US
I have upgraded our fc4700 with an NDU package, but our powerlink account only lists .pbu packages for our cx600. I am unable to upgrade the cx with a .pbu or .lst, or the .upf using navicli, or the gui. Does anyone know how I can upgrade using this file package? Thanks for any help.

The powerlink.emc.com site only lists the upgrades and patches for stuff you have under contract or maintance. If your CX600 is under contract and you don't have software/patches listed for it contact EMC. Also you should have under view registered software a site code that includes your CX600 if its covered. If you don't you should contact EMC.

We are under contract. We get software listed for the cx600, but it's a .PBU extension. When broken out it has our snapview, base code, everything. But, the cx600 does not accept the .pbu. It's only looking to use .ndu packages, or .exe. So, how can a .pbu package be used to upgrade a cx600?

.pbu is basically a zipped file. Go to the powerlink site and look at the Navisphere Manager Administrator's Guide. Page 45 talks about pbu's or just do a find on pbu to find all the references.

I read through that, and I knew it was a package file. The problem I'm having is that the Software installation wizard will only accept .ndu, or .exe files. I get an error stating " SP A: The specified file was not a valid Upgrade Package File. Upgrade files have a .ndu extension (0x71518003)". Do I need to be in engineering mode, or what else could the problem be?

Sorry, another piece I left out. I tried to upgrade to a later nav manager, so that the .pbu was an option. It unpacks the file, but I then get a version compatibility error, "This version of the Software Installation Wizard does not support customer upgrade for the configuration detected on your storage system. Upgrade must be performed by an authorized service provider".

If you are under maint and support, why not call them and tell them to come and upgrade your stuff.

Due to the wonder of Dell/EMC. We can screw it up, and they will fix it, but to have an upgrade done is a billable job.

weird... a maintenance should cover these upgrades...

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

We have maint on a bunch of systems and via powerlink you are unable to get any FLARE ready available. You probably need to put in a request for it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back