Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CX400 - Deregister HBA issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xefil

ISP
Jun 8, 2006
IT
Hi to all!

I've a CX400 with 2 SP. Until today only the first FC-port of both SP was connected to FC-switch (dual fabric). I've attached the other two ports (SPA-1, SPB-1) to the switches, nothing more. Then connected a new host (right zoning!) to SPA-1. The naviagent has registered automatically the HBA with the SPA-1 port. With Navisphere I've configured a new Storage-Group and a right lunmasking. The new LUN was mounted from the new host and all went well. Finished my tests, I've disconnected the host (removed the zoning) but I cannot deregister the Initiator record. It seems it's already connected. I've also disconnected the fiber from the SPA-1. There are NO connections between switch and SPA-1 and no zoning configured. But into "Connectivity Status" my host is always connected to "SP Port A-1", Fibre Logged in "YES", Registered "YES".
How it is possible?
Normally detaching the Fiber or removing the zoning, I can see the Ghost entry and deregister the host without problems.
Any suggestions?

Thank's a lot, Simon

Navisphere 6.5.0.3.3

Go to the navisphere management setup page and restart the management service.

to get there go to:

enter the Administrator user name and pass

go down about half way and select "Restart Management Server"

Do this to both SP's

Thank's for the answer :)
I've solved in another way too. I've manually edit the HBA and associated again to the same host. After that then the informations are updated and indicated the fiber was no connected. Deregister was then possible.

Other question, only an info. I've seen all 4 FC, 2 SPA and 2 SPB has ALPA set to SCSI-ID "ZERO". It's correct?

Byebye

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back