Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CX II doesn't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtcheap

Technical User
Oct 26, 2004
US
I'm working on my first brand new 3300 CX II with U-Boot and a new SSD with Release 9.1 on it. Monitoring the serial port, the boot sequence ends with this:

"Welcome to emergGive root password for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue): random: nonblocking pool is initialized"

Pressing Control-D just displays this:

"Login incorrect

Give root password for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue):"

If I scroll up to look for anything that would indicate a problem, I see this:

" Starting File System Check on /dev/sda5...
[FAILED] Failed to start File System Check on /dev/sda5.
See 'systemctl status systemd-fsck@dev-sda5.service' for details.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for /usr/libexec/mitel-EMEM/vmail.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for /vmail.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File Systems.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Mitel Standard Linux bootstrap_console."

Can't find anything in the manual or KMS about this. Anybody seen this? Fixed it?

This is normal for all physical systems where the hard drive is preloaded to rel >9.0

CTRL-D normally launches the MSL Setup options where you would set the Hostname, Domain, IP address, DNS etc.

I don't remember entering a password.

OK. So this is a HD/SSD thing. I installed two new AX's with compact flash drives last week and they went right into the setup screens. Hitting Crtl-D multiple times just lead to the same response. Do I have to wait for some background process to complete? This is the first of five CX's that we've ordered for a chain of hardware stores in the area and I really need to know what to do here.

BTW the root password is root. If you fill in the password mayby you will see what is the problem. I had this with an AX and when I logged in I saw why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back