Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CWShredder Updated to Version 2 - October, 2004 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcastner

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
I found this by accident. CWShredder has been updated and its authorship transfered:

From the official download site:
CWShredder™ Version 2.0
Released: October 2004

CWShredder™ Version 2.0 is the latest defense against the new Cool Web Search variants.

What's New With CWShredder?

Originally developed and updated by a graduate student in the Netherlands, CWShredder™ is now maintained by InterMute. CWShredder used in conjunction with SpySubtract offers you the strongest defense against Spyware threats.
The download will place an InterMute folder in your C:\Programs containing SpySubtract\CWShredder.exe and IMReport.exe. part of SpySubtract. This is a scanner similar to HJT with a report(to InterMute)button. It is optional and not automatic.

Is spysubtract a reputable product or are they trying to use the cwshredder reputation to market something questionable?

-------------------------------------
It's 10 O'Clock ( somewhere! ).
Are your registry and data backed up?

Good question. My understanding is that it is legitimate, but again its installation is optional.

For Merijn to have sold or transferred the program to InterMute, they should be reputable. Browsing their site, I see that they sell programs to block Adware, Spyware and Badware. CWShredder is being incorporated into their program SpySubstract. In fact, I failed to find a link to the CWShredder 2.0 download page from their main site, but it was easy to find the page describing how it was being added to SpySubtract and to download a free trial for that one. No doubt they hope many will move up to their suite of security applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back