Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CVTAPLOG caused invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz28

Technical User
Mar 23, 2001
US
Hi, I have looked through all the posts on Kernel 32.dll errors and Invalid page faults and not seen my trouble. I am getting"CVTAPLOG caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll" It happens whenever I try and open my defrag on the windows 98 2nd ED. It will let the defrag. open and run after it displays the message. I have Replaced the Kernel32.dll with SFC, and also replaced CVTAPLOG.exe and defrag.exe with SFC.
Anyhelp would be appreciated.
Thanks
Larry

Excellent post reghakr, I've had the same problem, and done just that. Bravo!

Thanks! that worked for me. The only thing different is I had to rename the file cvtaplo from cvtaplog because for some reason my system does not have the .exe extension on all the executable commands like I have seen on other systems and like you mentioned. But it appears to have the same effect.
Thanks for your help.
Larry

Latrry, to properly view the extensions, open Windows Explorer, go to View>Folder Options, click the View tab and uncheck "Hide file extensions for known types"

reghakr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back