Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CVS On Server2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikecontrol

Programmer
Nov 27, 2008
IE
Hi
I am new to CVS and have been reading articles on how to setup CVS. Alot of the tutorials i have setup all seem to use the client pc as the server (repository holder) as well. I also read an article that said it is better now to setup CVS on a server? Basically there is a small developement group and what i wanted to do was hold teh repository on the server and give access to each developer. Is there atutorial that will explain this, or even better a block diagram view of CVS's hierachy whhich usually helps in setting up such a piece of software?

Thanks

You can find it any cvs tutorial but what you have to do just integrate those concept into your requirement. As in case of linux as a cvs server, you need to create each user for accessing cvs from client machine and provided with appropriate permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back