Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CVS checkoutlist WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

elanius

Programmer
Apr 14, 2009
SK
Hi

I have tried few days to make working checkoutlist from CVSROOT. I want to create my own template file where will be template for commiting logs. Bu my base problem is that if I add some file into checkoutlist and than checkout my project, there is no file which I write into checkoutlist. I suppose it should be in CVS directory where are others meta files.

On the internet there are lots of "how to" but no one had problem with this.

Please can anyone help my with this, why my files are not checkouted from repository, if they are specified in checkoutlist?

I'm using CVSNT:
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 3236 () (client/server)

thanks.

I think you may be misunderstanding what the checkout list actually does. It's not for when you check out the CVSROOT into a sandbox so no the files you list should not be appearing in the CVS folder with the meta data.
The checkout list works when you commit changes to the files in CVSROOT. If the changed file is found in the checkout list then the changed version of it is checked out into the CVSROOT area on the server. This enables theses checked out files to be used by scripts that act on the server.

I hope that makes things clearer

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." --- Douglas Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back