Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CVOICE exam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ6

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2002
GB
Can anyone give me a heads-up on what to expect on CVOICE exam?

Nobody has offered yet so i'll give you all I know.

Questions on jitter, lacency etc aplenty. Scenario - Probable cause.

Lots of product knowledge, software resource requirements etc.

Business drivers, jargon.

Lots of call manager, including sims showing a call manager interface and asking questions calling for you to navigate the interface.

Some calculations

Probably loads of cli multi-choice.

I took the cousre with a friend who went on to take the exam. He found the official cisco course was plenty.

Thanks for your help GM2005.

I want to setup a lab for VOIP and am trying to source some used kit from Ebay. Just basic FXS stuff at mo'. Can you suggest suitable kit?

Regards,

Rich.

2600xm's ideally, or large enough 1700;s, FXS, FXO cards, ethernet interfaces, an ip phone or two - ( Handy if you can incorporate a palmtop with softphone, wireless laptop with softphone, voip handsfree handset, old analog phone ). If you can get callmanager and run it on a spare machine all the better. I used callmanager express.

Basically it ain't going to be cheap but it will hold its value well on ebay. You need IOS and tcl files etc to upload and that isn't easy unless you have the access to these resources. I was working in distribution when I did the course and we had a lot of demo kit, so was lucky, but its great fun.

I am sure there are ways of doing it cheaper but if you are new to voice you have to get hands on, it is just too broad to learn it all from books.

You won't need to buy 2600's. If you can, try to get a hold of Cisco MC3810's. I have three of them and they're sufficient for learning about QoS, VoIP and CLI stuff. you can get an idea of how they look. My homelab is geared for my CCIE Security and CCIE Voice studies. I found you don't necessarily need to spend a fortune on stuff if you know what it is you need to do. My impression of the 3810's when I first stumbled across them was, I can do voip studies. So I bought a 3620 for my gateway and tinker with it when I can. I'm more focused on security right now, since I work at a VoIP company as it is, I don't lack knowledge. Just lazy to focus on too much VoIP. My lab at work has monstrous VoIP stuff, but I'm always too busy there to study
Anyhow, long story short, find yourself about 2 3810's

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(40*2),sqrt(7600),(unpack(c,Q)-3+1+3+3-7),oct(104),10,oct(101));'

I am working in the foxconn which a compny produce cisco IPphone,there are many call manager and IPphone for me
but some times i don't know where can i begin.so,if there are any advice for me,and any thing you want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back