Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CV reporting SP4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

myuserid7

MIS
Mar 2, 2005
ES
I have a strange issue.

We have CV 6.1.

One of the servers in the Comserv console is being reported has having SP4.

I'm pretty sure there only SP3 out there with post pack 1.

Where would it be getting this from. The effect that has on my reports is that if I do a summary of the CV clients, all servers with 6.1SP3 come up as read saying they need updating except for this one server which is at SP4.

How odd...

Try uninstalling SP3 and post pack from only the CommServe, then reinstall Sp3 + Post SP3 back on the CommServe....that should sort it out.

+ if client wont upgrade to SP3 (because it think it's at a higher level) then unistall SP also on that client and reinstall.

btw. SP4 is supposed to be out end of next month ;-)

SP4 has been on maintenance advantage for a few days now. I understand that there may be someissues with the Unix version though, so if you are running unix, I would contact CV before applying it.

Just installed SP4 on commvault server - will see if there are any problems after tonight.

installed it at a few sites and so far no problems with win SP4..haven't tried Unix yet

If you are not sure of the service pack installed you can view the log file on the system in \program files\commvault systems\galaxy\log files\updateinfo.log

This log file will give you a list of updates installed on the system.

End of the log file shows the most recent updates installed.

Have installed SP4 on all clients with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back