Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CV 6.1 - Change Data Paths - greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

joxers25

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
US
I have de-configured and then configured our library here (MSL6000) as I want to change it from a blind library to barcode.

After completing this I changed our monthly storage policy to use the library.
When changing the Daily to tape i choose the wrong data path!

Now I cannot change it (the option is greyed out)

Any help appreciated.

Joxer

Forgot to mention i added the incorrect data path from the properties of the sp also it is now pointing to a magnetic library

The change data path option is not allowed on Magnetic libraries. to move data between magnetic libraries you would use the "Migrate media" option directly from the media agent part of the gui.

Now if you have something on disk and you want it on tape you might have to add the tape library into the storage policy and then aux copy the disk info to tape. Then set the tape as the primary/default datapath.

It is probably greyed out because it had not backups on the new data path (if it was tape or a new policy)

give us some more info on your setup
like how many paths are in the current SP? are they mag or tape?
Where do you want the data? Mag or tape?
What is it currently on?

Thanks,

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back