Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cutting through Xerox Solid Ink Printouts (Phaser 8560 D/N 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowhillConsulting

Technical User
Oct 14, 2010
US
Our company has worked with a Xerox Phaser 8560 D/N and have had great success since we bought it. My issue now lies in the ink's format. I am doing a prototype for promotional flyers for a client and when I attempt to cut these flyers on top of the ink the solid ink leaves small uneven cracks on the edge. I want to cut these right on the border so that there is no white showing on the edge, as per the client's request.

Is there any way to treat the flyers so they won't have these small cracks or is it the nature of the beast? I am using a hand-press guillotine paper cutter currently that is no where near accurate enough to produce the precise cuts every time. I could take these to a printing company that has computer controlled cutting and get these cut right on the edge sparing the cracks but would prefer to avoid this cost in the future.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dan,

Thanks for the response. I actually talked with a local print-shop the following day that has run into this issue before and they use a rotary cutter. The results are most definitely better using their method although there is still some cracking. I will most probably invest in a paper cutter of that style for better results.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back