Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cuting and pasting to Excell only works in Monocrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtt

MIS
Jun 3, 2003
US
When cutting and pasting to other applications from Excell the end result is only in black and white. this also shows in the print preview screen as Monocrome when all other PCs show in the full color of the original screen.
I have checked all the settings and they seem correct
Any ideas?

My first thought was that Excel was mainly in B/W anyway - But then I woke up and realised that some numnber formats allow the representation of negetaive numbers as red. So I took the time to try and replicate your problem, but with no sucess.

So here are a few guesses if you havn't already ruled them out:-

In Excel on the 'Page SetUp' tab, click on 'Sheet'. About half way down there is an option to print in B/W - make sure it's un-checked.

When you c&p use the 'Pase Special' option and make sure you paste text using the 'Formatted Text' option.

Hope this helps ...

Solo7 [thumbsup2]

thanks for the follow up, I will give it a shot and let you know

No luck, it didnt make any changes
for some reason when I go to print preview it only shows in B&W
Also this is office 2003 products
any other Ideas?

Print preview is b/w for b/w printers. Preview for a colour printer should be fine, if not change the print driver.

On all other PCs that only have B&W installed we still can get a print preview with color displayed

This is unique to this one PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back