Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cut paper command for Epson POS from Crystal XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

2juvenile

Programmer
Jun 7, 2007
US
I need to print a Crystal Report XI to an Epson POS printer. The report is complete, and it prints well, but I need to be able to force the paper to cut after each record is complete. I have been told that I need to create a formula field and place it in the report footer. I found code (CHR$(&H1D) & "V" & CHR$(66) & CHR$(0)) but cannot make it work properly. Can anyone set me straight?

force the paper to cut

Is this something different from 'New page'?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Paper cutting is totally separate from a new page. Thanks very much for your reply, but I did stumble upon an answer. I was trying to use printer commands for the POS printer via a formula field, but it wasn't necessary. It turns out that Crystal XI has it's own printer preference area that will allow you to cut the paper at any one of four areas. So my problem is solved. I found this solution just last night. Thanks again.

2juvenile -

Could you post more specific details on the "printer preference area that will allow you to cut the paper at any one of four areas"...?

Thanks,
MJRBIM

For receipt reports (Epson TM-T88IV printer, for example), to get the printer to cut each page, from Crystal Reports go to

FILE
PRINT
PREFERENCES
OPERATION
END OF PAGE (or wherever you want it to cut)
Check the box that says Feed to cut position before cut and put the slider to partial cut.

hi there i am Chad H. Alvarez from philippines. i am developing a point-of-sale printer and it uses a pos printer.. can u pls enlighten me si sir if its really posible to use crystal along side with a pos printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back