Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cut off 1/8 from business problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Jul 15, 2005
US
I've Adobe indesign 1.5 version.
I printed out my business card but it cut off 1/8 from my card. What do I do now?

Little more information required. What sort of printer? What sort of paper stock? Did you lay out just one card in ID or more than one per page? What size page? What size paper stock?

I'm going to Adobe indesign class. I'm doing my homework. I created the business card 3 1/2 and 2 on the screen but I printed it when it cut off 1/8. I've canon i 560 printer. the paper is normal. Yes, 1 page.
Thanks

Are you using margins since the printer cannot print to the edge of the paper?

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

No. I'll use the margin but How much will I move the margin in?
Thanks a lot,

Check with your printer's manual. This will define how much of a margin that the printer will not print to.

Ideally, you could create a document in InDesign that is 7" wide by 10" tall. This would allow you to place 10 copies of the business card on a page.

When you go to print, choose to enable crop marks. The crop marks should print on the remaining area of your 8.5" x 11" sheet.

Your instructor should provide details on this. Ask him/her about bleeds and margins.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back