Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cut and paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakotafox

Programmer
Apr 14, 2000
US
In our VFP6 application version we were able to cut and paste between textboxes, now in VFP7 we have lost that feature. Does anyone have any solutions.

HI

As far as I know, the cut and paste exists...
Ctrl+C copies the selection
Ctrl+X cuts the selection
Ctrl+V pasts the clipboard content
:) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

If you are using a framework, did you get any necessary VFP 7.0 updates? If not, then to make this work you'd have had to have added these shortcuts to your menu, or kept a hidden menu with them on it. Did you change your code? Bottom-line, these capabilities are not built-in to VFP, someone has had to add them in code somewhere.

Rick

Thank you both for your replys.
The ctr+c, etc commands are what we had been using as these are the standard Windows commands and they worked fine in VFP6. We are not running any framework nor was there any hardcoded programming. Now that we are running in VFP7, we have lost that functionality.
It is very puzzling.

Something's obviously wrong, but I just installed VFP 7 and checked and there's no problem cutting and pasting between textboxes, at least in development mode. I suppose I could create an executable and see what happens.

Dave Dardinger

Thank for the reply Dave. Our application, cut and paste, will work in development also, and in an EXE run at a development station. But if the exe in placed on the network and run with the run time libraries at stations not having foxpro installed, the the problem exits (no cut and paste)

Did you download the updated runtime files from MS. They are availavle at.

msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro

I don't know if this will help your specific problem, but the runtime update was released only a couple of days after VFP 7 so I assume there was some fairly large problem.

Actually the "fixed" VFP 7.0 runtime really only addressed a single problem - the behavior of an EditBox, specifically the scrollbar behavior.

The easy fix would be to simply add the standard Edit pad to your application's menu. To get the specifics, just create a Quick Menu, and then duplicate the Edit entries in your menu.

Note: Ken Levy (MS VFP Product Manager) announced on the UT last night that VFP 7.0's SP 1 was signed off on Monday, and it would probably be posted on "... the web site in a few days, possible Monday, ...".

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back