Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cut and Paste Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingFrog

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
US
Hi
I recently developed an electronic proposal system using ASP.I get some complaints from authors that they cannot cut and paste their proposals into the text boxes in the forms
that were provided.I asked them to send those proposals as attachments and when I cut and paste it works fine.
Does any one have any idea why cut and paste does not work. Does it got to do with old browsers ?.
Thanks
FlyingFrog.

That sounds very strange...
Did any of your authors specify what went wrong?
What the source was... Word?
Details please ;) This is not a bug - it's an undocumented feature...
;-)

Most of them tried to cut and paste a word document.They did not clearly specify what went wrong.

Have you tried it yourselves?

What I'm interested in knowing is whether nothing gets pasted or they lack the formatting or what...?
This is not a bug - it's an undocumented feature...
;-)

Yourself even... This is not a bug - it's an undocumented feature...
;-)

I asked those guys to send me their proposals as attachments and when I cut and paste on my computer it works fine.They say that nothing gets pasted at all when they do it.

Could you point me to an URL? - if you want privacy mail me:
jonax@tiscali.dk This is not a bug - it's an undocumented feature...
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back